Sunday, May 07, 2006

Entrepreneurship, Finance and Law

While looking through the catalog of Sloan classes that I should take this fall, I found an interesting one called "Basic Business Law Tilted Towards Innovation and Strategy". Now, business law can put me to sleep sometimes, but, as an aspiring entrepreneur, it can also put me out of business if I don't pay attention to issues like contracts, patents and employment law. The course promises to: teach "legal issues that arise in the context of innovation and development of busines strategy including the legal framework of transnational business, developing cutting-edge technologies and products, and restructuring and repositioning major corporations." Sounds very interesting! So I plunked down all my 1000 Sloan bid points hoping to get into this class which is only taught in the fall and has a limited enrollment of 55.

My reasoning is that in the spring I focused mainly on entrepreneurship (entrepreneurship Sloan class, business plan competitions, etc.). In the summer I'll be focusing more on finance (we're taking the Accounting and Managerial Finance class which is required for SDM). That leaves the fall semester to focus on business law so I can round up my knowledge for a career in small business or entrepreneurship. I'm psyched!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home