Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Long Weekend

Ahhh! What a relief! A much needed long weeekend to catch up on school and life. Monday was Patriots Day holiday here in MA and Tuesday was a special "student holiday" at MIT (now I know the reason behind this special student holiday: the last couple of weeks have been horrendously busy). I took advantage of the holiday to catch up on my ERBA lectures (second exam is coming up), do my taxes (I've never waited until the last minute), and, of course, do a couple of long bike rides. On Sunday I rode around Boston and ended up, by chance, in Copley Square the finishing point of the Boston Marathon. I walked along the route and watched people who would never, ever run a marathon take pictures of themselves crossing the finish line. On Monday I went to the Fells reservation where I could forget about asphalt, cars and pedestrians, and remind myself how to negotiate between all those sharp-edged rocks, exposed roots and other obstacles. On the way back I took a picture of this sign on the road. I always wondered, does anybody read these signs backwards?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home