Saturday, August 19, 2006

Vacation Time?

Summer session is finally over and I should be on vacation. But I'm really not. I've been working pretty much ever day on the solar energy project. We MUST finish it by Sept 7 when the core of the team leaves for South Africa and we still have a ton of work to do. After a quick start, we got bogged down on the little details of design and implementation (and there are a ton of them). This is not a simple system!

I'm not complaining, though. It's been a lot of fun and I think I'll look back at this as one of the most productive summers I've ever had. The other day we installed the solar concentrators and let them "float" freely. It was a major cause for celebration (never mind that we had to take them down the following weekend to redo the piping). Oh well, two steps forward, one step back.
Here's what the system looks right now (that's me trying to warm up a slice of pizza; the first real application of our solar energy system :).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home