Sunday, July 23, 2006

Systems Engineering vs. Mountain Biking

What do they have in common? Nothing, of course. Which is why I have to give up one for the other. Usually on Tuesday mornings a few MIT Outdoors Club members organize a mountain bike ride in the Fells, a wooded reservation just north of Cambridge. I can't make it to these rides because my System Engineering class which starts at 8:30 am. But last Tuesday I said "What the heck! I'm going to skip class and do the ride". I was glad I did. It was an awesome bike ride. It reminded me how much I miss the outdoors, the mountain biking, the exhilaration of running over obstacles, the feeling of crashing at any moment... Living in California I almost took this for granted, but now I need to make the extra effort to get out of the city and experience the great outdoors. Which is why I'm contemplating a hiking trip in the White Mountains during the break. I hope to convince some of my classmates to join me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home