Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Getting Nervous

Life without a little suspense would be really boring! Suspense gets our adrenaline going, gives us a reason to hope. Of course, there's the flip side: despair and dissapointment. I always try to balance the two. Whenever faced with an uncertain outcome I mentally prepare myself for either outcome: positive or negative. I always keep my emotional rollercoaster from going into extreme highs and lows.

Tomorrow we'll find out if we made it into the semi-finals for the $50K competition. This year they received 160 entries for both tracks (traditional business venture and entrepreneurship for development). I'm not sure how many will make it to the second round, but I'll estimate about a quarter of them (the judges probably don't want to be overburdened with too many business plans). If we get in, great! If not, we've got the other competitions to worry about (by the way, we made it into the semi-finals of the Ignite competition).

This week I'll also find out how I did on the ERBA quiz, the first quiz of my newly revived student career. Ahhhh, this is what it means to be a student! Nervously anticipating the results of an exam. I think I got most of the answers right, but I've been known to make stupid mistakes in the past (without even realizing it). So I'm caustiously optimistic... What's my contingency plan? There's always next year :))

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home