Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Pieces of My Thesis

Tech Strategy was my favorite class in the second half. Partly because I liked Mary Tripsas' teaching style: lively, funny and insightful. So much so, I asked her to be my thesis advisor. But, wait! What's my topic? Most sane people figure out their thesis topic first and then look for an appropriate advisor. I did it completely backwards. After asking Mary to be my advisor I started thinking of possible topics. So I asked Mary to suggest some topics (isn't that what an advisor is for?). She seemed really excited about this solar power stuff that I've got myself into so she encouraged me to explore it. Hmmm! I do think energy (and especially clean energy) will be an important area of research and innovation in the coming years. So it may not be a bad idea to do a thesis on clean, renewable energies. Who knows? It may even lead to some entrepreneurial opportunities in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home