Sunday, March 12, 2006

Entrepreneurs of the World, Unite!

I've been approached by Romania's honorary consulate in Boston to help with an entrepreneurship competition in Romania. (I met the consul by chance in Romania last fall and I got in touch with him recently. He lives in Boston, but travels frequently between US and Romania).

The competition will be modeled after MIT's $50K competition (I guess since I'm in the MIT competition, that makes me a bit of an "expert" on it). Despite my dubious qualifications, I offered to help the student teams in Romania with questions about business planning (with my access to MIT resources I should be able to contribute somehow). The competition will be judged by a panel of Romanian and US judges and the winners will be flown to US to present their business plans to interested VCs.

My, how times are changing! Just 16 years ago Romania was firmly planted in the lofty ideals of communism. And look at it now: a fertile ground for entrepreneurs and VCs, the essence of capitalism.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home