Saturday, February 25, 2006

Harvard vs. MIT

I walk through Harvard Yard almost everyday on my way to the T station and I can't help but notice the difference between Harvard and MIT campuses. Harvard has a quaint, old-fashioned campus that exudes a scholarly feeling.

In contrast, MIT's campus has an industrial, harsh look to it. Furnaces billowing smoke, turbines running, the noise of tomorrow's technology as it takes shape in its underbelly.

As Harvard sits and ponders the past, MIT busily churns out the future. It's no wonder that Harvard and MIT have such a storied rivarly.
I don't know if I prefer one over the other. I like them both. Someday I hope to take some classes at Harvard as well (cross-registration policy between the two schools allows us to take electives at Harvard). Maybe I'll extend my stay here in Boston for another 6 months to get a chance to take some additional electives. What can I say? I really like the school environment, but check back with me in 6 months. We'll see how I feel about it...

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sorin, your Atom feed is broken because of a bad Charlestown link: see the message at http://grama-at-mit.blogspot.com/atom.xml. That prevents me and others from subscribing to your blog...

5:04 PM  
Blogger Ilana Reeves said...

Harvard sucks!

Okay, that's a bit blunt, but I do find that people that graduate from MIT have more positive memories than those that graduated from Harvard.

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home